Account Manager - Biogas
Full Time / Permanent
Based in our offices in Silkeborg, Denmark
Do you want to be part of our continued growth? We are looking for an Account Manager with knowledge of Biogas substrates to further develop our Scandinavian activities within this sector. You will be supported in developing new customers and suppliers, including the sales of biogas substrates, additives and services, as well as encouraged to participate in development projects. You will gradually develop an ability to independently manage accounts, growing your commercial insight.
Key focus areas of this role will be to work with industries to improve the service on their waste and by-products. Further, you will take part in product development with the Technical Sales Managers, as well as with other relevant MBP team members, customers and suppliers, utilizing your technical background. You will be part of a Nordic team as well as have regular communication and cooperation with MBP colleagues in other countries outside the Nordic region.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Sales & Sourcing, management of Key Accounts in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- Project management for the business side of our newly acquired recycling centre in Central Jutland. Here we develop a facility in cooperation with a biogas plant that can handle and empty packaged material. This will allow us to offer sustainable solutions to industries, distribution and supermarkets.
- Participation in a project to trade and find markets for green biogas certificates. We sell green biogas certificates on behalf of biogas plants and find customers that are looking to offset their GHG emissions.
- Investigate potential new and commercially better outlets (lower transport costs, ability to pay a higher price etc.).
- Business development – in cooperation with other application areas like animal feed – by identifying companies in the industry that may have by-products that will fit the MBP Biogas concept. Shortlist industries for contact and identify relevant contact people.
- Project management and participation in projects for developing specific strategic usages and applications for Biogas substrates and other specific products/by-products/wastes.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone with strong influencing and negotiating skills who can establish and maintain long term relationships and partnerships, and has a creative approach to problem solving. You need to be computer literate with the ability to use standard MS Office, able to work well on your own initiative, and be results focused with a proactive approach to all tasks.
We expect you also to have:
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or similar
- Sales and marketing experience and/or an interest in business development
- Fluency Danish language skills
- Business level English
And it would be further helpful if you have:
- Experience in, or knowledge of, food industry, oils and fats industry etc.
- Up to date knowledge of Biogas legislation and RED II in the relevant geographical areas
- Experience of using CRM
- Other languages are an asset
- Continuous improvement / LEAN / Six Sigma
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A base salary of 35-45.000 DKK per month
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- International travel in Scandinavia is expected 1-3 times per month