Assistant Quality Manager
(Permanent & Full Time)
we are looking for an Assistant Quality Manager to work closely with our Group Quality Manager, to maintain current certifications and work on improving and developing our Quality management across the MBP Group. This is the perfect position for someone with several years’ experience working in a Quality function/team (in an administrative capacity, not manufacturing or quality control) – working with ISO or equivalent and looking for that next developmental step towards more responsibility.
This position can be based in either the United Kingdom or the Netherlands with home working available up to three days per week following probation.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
• Raise awareness, understanding and improve the culture of Quality, across the MBP Group.
• Controlling sustainable data & handling the documentation associated with this.
• Helpdesk for internal sustainable queries for Business Coordinators and Sales Team.
• Participate in the yearly internal and external audits ensuring any changes from the audit are implemented in MBP and follow up of non-conformities.
• Improving the structure of how we handle the sustainability internally, including creating an info handbook for internal use/ training and improving the internal process/ routines.
• Working with the Group Quality Manager on the annual MBP Risk Assessment, creation, data analysis and presentation.
• Maintaining legislative and best practice knowledge and ensuring any changes are reflected in MBP’s processes though update of the legal overview and changed circumstances.
• Working with the Group Quality Manager to transform standards and legal requirements into actual working procedures for MBP sites and administration.
• With development, implement future ISO (and other standards) upgrades, including new Quality Standards.
•Working with the Quality Administrator to improve and develop the online document system (TQM – document management system) and migration into Sharepoint. This includes but is not limited to: updating existing and new procedures in the system, ensuring TQM training of MBP employees and ensuring (through the TQM administrator) a TQM helpdesk for MBP employees.
• European travel is expected periodically and during annual audits.
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications:
(please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on-the-job or education examples)
• Knowledge and experience in Quality Management, Sustainability, Environmental Management and associated standards, as a minimum ISO 9001/ 14001 or similar.
• Evidence of experience in working as part of team involved in transforming standards and legal requirements in actual working practices.
• Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
• Experience of being involved in internal and or external audits and working through the process of non-conformities.
• Written and verbal English language skills at business level, other languages an asset
Desirable experience or qualifications:
• Experience in GMP and FSA certification standards and compliance, with demonstrated knowledge and experience of auditing/inspection techniques desired.
• Internal and/or external audit qualifications.
• Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma.
• Experience in Sustainability or Environmental Management.
• Experience working with ISCC, IFFO RS, FEMAS or similar is highly advantageous.
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to prioritise work to the needs of the business
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Able to motivate others and achieve results, through cross function teamworking and management of projects.
• Structured, methodical and well-organised
• Computer literate and comfortable using standard MS Office applications such as SharePoint, Teams and Excel
• Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
• Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
• Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
• Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
• High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A competitive salary, depending on experience
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Flexibility with home working after probation
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)
To apply for this position, please send your CV in english, a summary of why you feel you are suitable for the position and your right to work status to our Human Resources department: email@example.com