Full Time / Permanent
We are looking an HR Administrator to join our small but busy international HR team, based in our office near Skipton, UK. The role provides administrative support to the Group HR, Training & Development Manager and the HR Manager (Scandinavia) in all HR-related tasks. This is a hands on role that offers the opportunity to build international experience, working with our employees in locations in Europe and the rest of the world. For the right candidate, the role has the potential to develop an HR career over time.
We are looking for someone with strong administrative skills together with a knowledge of HR policies and procedures and basic employment law. You have completed your CIPD Level 3 Foundation, or may be working towards it, and have significant experience in a fast-moving environment.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Organise and maintain personnel records, entering new hire information and updating previous employee data
- Update the internal HR database with data regarding absence, leave etc.
- Review, revise and update HR policies with support from the HR team
- Prepare various HR documentation including onboarding, employment contracts, compensation lists and more
- Assist and support the recruitment process by creating and posting job advertisements, sifting CVs, responding to applicants, co-ordinate interviews and managing onboarding
- First point of contact with external HR partners
- Answer employee queries regarding HR-related issues and help resolve, escalating where required
- Create presentations and reports and monitor people metrics
- Arrange travel and accommodation for the HR team and as required for the rest of the business
- Assist with payroll queries and input including absence, overtime, leave and working hours
- Active participation in HR projects
- Manage and run the Sharepoint HR hub, keeping it updated, posting news
- Organise and co-ordinate learning and development events
- Assist in managing the HR budget.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications (please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on the job or education examples):
- Has significant experience working in a confidential administrative environment
- English & Maths to grade C / 5 GCSE or equivalent
- Working towards CIPD Level 3 Foundation level
- Confident in MS365
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Written and verbal English language skills at business level
Desirable experience or qualifications:
- Level 3 CIPD Foundation completed
- Experienced in using Sharepoint
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
- Understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of employment law
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of emotional intelligence
- Structured, methodical and well-organised
- Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
- Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
- Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
- High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A competitive salary of £22,000 to £27,000 dependent on experience
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)