Purchase Ledger Clerk
Full or Part Time / Permanent
Skipton, United Kingdom
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our finance team, working from our Skipton office in the UK. Your role will be to ensure all incoming supplier invoices are booked, the accounting inbox is cleared on a daily basis and to assist in tasks relating to bank reconciliations and supplier statements. We are ideally looking for full time in this position, but will consider part time from 25 hours per week. Following a suitable period of review and if desired, the candidate will be able to apply for Hybrid Working for up three days per week from home.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
- Processing supplier invoices for multiple MBP companies
- Scanning invoices back to head office on a daily basis and import them into Continia invoice system
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliations
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Dealing with ad hoc queries on invoices and sending invoice copies when required
- General accounting administration tasks
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- Previous finance experience is advantageous but not essential, if the candidate is a team player and willing to learn.
- Experience of working in a busy administrative, having handled multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Computer literate with experience, experience using Microsoft Excel (working with spreadsheets) is advantageous, but training will be provided
- As a minimum, Maths and English at a C or level 4.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
- Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Structured, methodical and well-organised
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a small team
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative and diverse culture
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A gross annual salary of £25,000 (full time, any part time will be pro rata)
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• Free parking
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Our UK office is based on the Broughton Hall Estate in Skipton, where you are surrounded by the natural beauty of the Yorkshire Dales
• Flexibility with Hybrid Working after a suitable period of review
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• Occasional international travel to other international MBP offices (role dependent)