Quality Assurance Officer
Full Time / Permanent
Based in our UK office in Skipton / Hybrid Working
This role is perfect for someone with a good understanding of quality assurance, with strong administration skills and an eye for detail. We provide an opportunity to work for a company focused on sustainability and the circular economy, with a great team of colleagues.
MBP Solutions maintains a number of sustainability certifications, which include the ISCC, RSB, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, GMP+B3, MarinTrust and the Marine Stewardship Council. Working within the Quality Department, you will have a key responsibility of inspecting and maintaining compliance of sustainability documentation across these certifications and enforcing quality standards across the business, supporting both our Group Quality & Sustainability Manager and our Assistant Quality Manager.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Document Quality Assurance Control: Inspection and validation of Sustainability Documentation across all sustainability certifications to ensure applicable standard and regulatory requirements are complied with, and inspection and validation of Non-Sustainable Documentation, to ensure applicable standard and regulatory requirements are complied with.
- Review and prepare Sustainability Declarations; Proofs of Sustainability and Delivery Notes for release to customers.
- Complete quality control checks in the MBP ERP and SharePoint systems, to ensure quality standard requirements are adhered to and implemented.
- Report any discovered non-conformities and work with all areas of the business to help resolve in a professional and timely manner.
- Total Quality Management system (TQM): Review, and update procedures in the system. You will be a TQM Document Owner, ensuring and coordinating all relevant documents from the business are uploaded to TQM. Supporting employees to close out cases and actions in a timely manner in the Total Quality Management System.
- Data entry/reporting and document filing across MBP’s electronic systems (ERP; SharePoint).
- Delivery of some Quality training modules across the business and responsible person for supporting employees with helpdesk enquiries.
- Assisting with the enforcement of quality standards and procedures across the business.
- Collect and Compile Statistical Quality Data for both the Quality Department and the wider business to report on compliance and Quality Department objectives.
- Support the Quality Team on the internal and external audit programme.
- Ad hoc creation of the Material Safety Data Sheets (working with the application and technical experts).
Who are you?
Ideally, you have a strong background and experience in Quality Assurance. With strong attention to detail, you are proactive with a positive approach and excellent communication skills and have the ability to work across all areas of the business. You need to be able to solve problems and have a willingness to learn new standards and how to adapt them into the business.
Strong organisation skills are essential, together with excellent computer literacy and the ability to run statistical reports.
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A base salary of £28,000 to £30,000 per year depending on experience
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- International travel is expected 1-3 times per year
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities