Head of Supply Chain
Full Time / Permanent
We are looking for an energetic Head of Supply Chain to join our growing, international business working with biological by-products in the Circular Economy. The main purpose of the role is to improve, optimise and manage the Supply Chain activities of the MBP Group and deliver accurate and appropriate reporting to the Senior Management Team. Our strategy for 2022 includes more digitalisation and focus on sustainability and these two areas will have a high impact on the work and expectations of the supply chain function. This position also offers potential for personal and career development; responsibility for a remotely managed team; opportunity for multi modal transport management.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Manage all logistics and supply chain tasks and functions, both at internal production sites and externally from supplier to customer, including logistics team management
- Maintain, improve and optimise internal work procedures and instructions related to the Supply Chain across the group to drive process improvement, best practice and increasing efficiencies to help the company achieve a lean and efficient organisation
- Management, delivery and accountability for agreed Supply Chain KPI’s
- Report to the Sales Director the supply pipeline forecast with regards to sales availability, costs of incoming products, the status of the Inventories and be able to conduct a risk analysis. Make suggestions to the Sales Director for future options and consequences they could have for the supply chain.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications (please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on the job or education examples):
- Computer literate and comfortable using MS Office 365 applications
- Experience with Microsoft Navision / Business Dynamics or similar ERP system
- Experience of working in international business, global manufacturing environment, multi-site and multi-regional leadership.
- English language to business level
- University Degree with a preferred discipline in Supply chain / Business / Technical areas
- Significant experience in B2B environment working in supply chain or logistics
- Extensive supply chain experience within a complex, highly regulated, multi-business unit environment with previous management experience at senior level.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant supply chain regulatory requirements (export control experience preferred).
- Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors and strong analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organisational, project management and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills that engage and inspire the team
- Proven ability to formulate, plan, direct and maintain long and short-term goals.
- Very good communication techniques, presentation and linguistics skills, able to articulate clearly and in precise language
- Very good prioritization, problem solving and delegation skills
Desirable experience or qualifications:
- APICS or similar supply chain related accreditation preferred
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
- Structured, methodical and well-organised, strong organizational skills essential
- A strong people manager
- Able to take responsibility and work well with multiple duties and deadlines and represent MBP in a professional manner
- A self starter, proactive ability to work on own initiative and planning
- Flexible, able to adapt to changing circumstances and team-work spirit
- Language skills other than English an advantage
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A competitive salary
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid home working after probation
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)