Administrator and Controller
Full or Part Time / Permanent
Skipton, United Kingdom
Due to continued growth we are recruiting an enthusiastic Administrator and Controller with good Excel skills to work in our busy finance team at Skipton in the UK. Your role will be to ensure all internal controls are completed on time, work with admin and controlling tasks relating to MBP’s key accounts and be involved with MBP’s transition into SharePoint. There is scope for the role to develop and for the right candidate, potentially to upskill to work with reporting from our data warehouse. We are ideally looking for full time in this position, but will consider part time from 30 hours per week. Following a suitable period of review and if desired, the candidate will be able to apply for Hybrid Working for up three days per week from home.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
- As part of our controlling team, complete tasks in our internal control system, which include and not limited to follow up of sales and purchase orders, posted sales documents, ensure sales are invoiced and check of contract data.
- Assist with controls relating to key accounts.
- Assist with the production of half year key account reports and presentations.
- Assist with the production of monthly purchase and sales reports.
- General administration tasks relating migration of documents into SharePoint from archive file system.
We are looking for someone who has/is:
- Experience of working in a busy administrative or controlling environment, having handled multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Excel (working with spreadsheets). Intermediate skill is advantageous, but training will be provided.
- Previous experience in analysis of data is advantageous but not essential.
- As a minimum, Maths and English at a C or level 4.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Analytical, with a high attention to detail
- Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Structured, methodical and well-organised
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a small team
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative and diverse culture
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A gross annual salary of £25,000 (full time, any part time will be pro rata)
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)
For more information and to apply for this position please send your CV to our HR Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies Please.