Area Sales Manager
Full Time / Permanent
Based in Nova Scotia, Canada / Remote Working (home-based)
Do you have a sales generalist background in animal nutrition or chemical engineering, and experience in North American manufacturing industries?
MBP is growing, so we are recruiting an Area Sales Manager to grow and support MBP’s existing business in Canada and become an integral part of the MBP global sales team. The position will have a focus on purchase and sales of oil-based products for applications in animal feed, technical products and biofuel. The position is home-based, ideally in the Nova Scotia area.
Your main tasks will be:
- Manage the business with existing B2B accounts in the area both on the sourcing and the sales side.
- Develop relationships and look for opportunities to increase the volume of business by adding additional products, suppliers and customers.
- Identify accounts that have a potential to be converted into OMBP accounts and liaise with the OMBP sales team to progress these.
- Perform market analyses and understand factors that impact the market, such as new legislation and policies. Identify opportunities and develop and implement strategies and action plans.
- Identify and analyse companies that have a good strategic fit with MBP as well as companies that have needs for new and better solutions.
- Identify relevant contacts and proactively engage in dialogues with potential customers in order to understand their needs and win business.
- Develop solutions in a mix between local outlets and competitive international outlets and in cooperation with MBP’s international sales team and application experts. Develop a good understanding of the different relevant local applications such as anaerobic digestion, feedstock for biodiesel production and animal feed. Identify areas where additional knowledge and resources are needed.
- Travel to suppliers and customers in Canada and occasionally to international meetings
- Schedule and prepare weekly/bi-weekly meetings with line manager to report progress and discuss priorities.
- Monthly sales report with results, possibilities, leads, problems, risks and future outlook on a monthly basis, as well as travel plans and cost estimates.
- Follow relevant procedures for sales and operations in CRM and TQM databases.
- Ensure filing of relevant documentation (supplier’s documentation, contracts, presentations and MOMs etc).
- Coordinate activities in sourcing and selling with relevant sales and business colleagues.
- Contribute to MBPs Legal Registry & Compliance Tool, adding where applicable, and following guidance.
- Responsible for compliance regarding sustainability, in line with the ISCC and RSB certifications schemes. Any matters relating to compliance are to be brought to the attention of the Group Quality & Sustainability Manager.
- Any other task or responsibility, as reasonably required of the role or company
The position reports to MBP’s North America Business Manager located in Los Angeles, CA.
Who are you?
Demonstrable experience and qualifications we are looking for:
It is essential that you have:
- Experience in the North American region manufacturing industries, ideally within the animal feed or biofuel sectors.
- Sales generalist with a background in animal nutrition or chemical engineering.
- Commercial acumen.
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Written and verbal English language skills at business level.
It is desirable that you have:
- International experience in B2B sales.
- Additional language skills, in particular French.
- Knowledge of freight and logistics and international transportation.
- Experience of dealing with Canada, US or EU regulations (such as REACH and Food & Feed directives).
- Key account management experience.
- Experience handling processes and practises with a LEAN mentality.
Demonstrable essential skills we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills.
- Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Structured, methodical and well-organised.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a small team.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks.
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative and diverse culture.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality.
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies please)
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities