Accountant - Skipton, UK
MBP Solutions is specialized in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. The company was founded in 1999, on the concept of sustainability, legal compliance, transparency and optimal utilization of the resources in biological by-products. We are an international group of ten companies.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a qualified Accountant to join our finance team in Skipton, North Yorkshire. This position will closely work with our Chief Accountant based in Switzerland and the CEO based in the UK.
Your main tasks will be:
• Bank reconciliations
• Treasury (includes buy/sell currencies)
• Preparing payments and e-banking
• Daily AP bookings
• Currency adjustments and exchange rate updates in the ERP system
• Monthly closing tasks (Fixed Assets, accruals, prepayments etc)
• VAT and Intrastat reporting
• Annual accounts and annual report
• Fiscal and management consolidation reporting for the group
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Solid practical experience in accounting processes
• Preferably accounting qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• High level of computer literacy with Microsoft applications
• Experience of working in international accounting environment
• Experience of Navision an asset (but training will be given)
• English language essential, other languages are welcomed
• Structured and well-organised with strong numerical skills
• Able to take responsibility and accustomed to working towards and meeting deadlines
• A self-starter, proactive ability to work on own initiative and planning.
• Flexible and team-work spirit
• Able to travel (occasionally/ once per quarter) to our Swiss Office
For questions about the role, please contact Helen Sainsbury Tel: +44 7789 766 511
Please send your CV to Helen Sainsbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue.
As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources.