Accountant - Skipton, UK
Part-time (job share) or Full time
£30 – 40K salary dependant on qualifications and experience – Full time
Founded in 1999, the MBP Group is a world leader in the green economy, engaged in the feed, biofuel, biogas and oil recycling businesses. We add value through our expertise in production processes, products, legislation, logistics and customer needs, producing bespoke solutions. We operate globally with seven European offices and an office in the USA and have laboratory, storage and production facilities in several European sites with customers worldwide.
We have a strong environmental and sustainability focus with an international business culture that is innovative, commercially responsive, achieving, collaborative and ethical.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a qualified Accountant to join our finance team, working from our office near Skipton, North Yorkshire. This position will closely work with our Chief Accountant based in Switzerland and the CEO based in the UK.
Main Job Responsibilities
• Bank reconciliations
• Treasury (includes buy/sell currencies)
• Preparing payments and e-banking
• Daily AP bookings
• Currency adjustments and exchange rate updates in the ERP system
• Monthly closing tasks (Fixed Assets, accruals, prepayments etc)
• Prepare salaries
• VAT and Intrastat reporting
• Monthly review of the Balance sheet
• Annual accounts and annual report
• Management accounting for defined counties with payments, bank reconciliation, quarterly closing
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Solid practical experience in accounting processes
• Preferably accounting qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Experience of working in international accounting environment
• High level of computer literacy with Microsoft applications
• Experience of Navision an asset
• English language essential, other languages are welcomed
• Able to take responsibility and accustomed to working towards and meeting deadlines
• A self-starter, proactive ability to work on own initiative and planning.
• Flexible and team-work spirit
• Structured and well-organised with strong numerical skills
• Able to travel (occasionally/ once per quarter) to our Swiss Office
To apply please send your application with CV and cover letter via our website or send to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the subject line as “Company Accountant UK – MBP Group”. Our website is https://www.mbpsolutions.com/about-us/careers-mbp-solutions/
Closing date: 19 August 2019
If you have any questions about the position, you are welcome to contact Helen Sainsbury, CEO on +44 1756 791 240 for further details. Hours of work are 08:30 to 17:00, Mon to Fri (40 hrs).
PLEASE NO AGENCIES – Please note that we are unable to consider applicants who do not presently have permission to work in the UK.