Full Time / Permanent
Based in our Skipton, UK office / Hybrid Working
If you are looking for your next step into a senior financial manager position, this role could be for you.
MBP’s Finance and Controlling teams support multiple MBP companies within the Group operating in multiple countries. In this new role, the Finance Manager will be responsible for leading the Finance team, reviewing and improving internal processes, and developing the Finance department to support MBP’s growing business needs.
The Finance team consists of direct reports (with process and people responsibility) and indirect reports (process responsibility). The Finance Manager contributes to the completion of monthly finance tasks, organises the task distribution across the team with regular team meetings, follows up on tasks done to ensure deadlines are met, and works to improve the processes and procedures. It is the expected that the Controlling & Reporting team will transition to report to this role within 3 months.
Your main tasks will be:
- Lead the Finance team, providing coaching and day to day team management and support
- Ensure Finance team deliver accurate group financials on time
- Improve and develop group work processes and work to improve efficiencies
- Accountable for Monthly Accounting, Group Consolidation reports, Purchase Ledger, AR & Credit Control, Group Treasury, Annual audits
- Own the group budget process and deliver the P&L budget on time; develop and implement Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasts
- Controlling and Reporting teams are working efficiently and reports are delivered on time to a high level of accuracy
- Integrate new companies to the Group, working the Finance and Controlling teams to integrate processes
- Own the Finance & Controlling dashboard, reporting KPIs to the CEO
Who are you?
This role needs someone with an analytical mind, and strong business awareness to ensure financial processes are in line with business processes. You must also be able to coach and develop a team, have good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to develop strong working relationships. CIMA or ACA qualified, with a minimum 5 years’ PQE you need to demonstrated knowledge of Financial Planning, Analysis and reporting, with the ability to present in a clear and concise manner. You need to be a team player, experienced in managing people and projects while working hands on, able to identify improvements and communicate clearly. Experience in an international work environment with exposure to international trade and finance processes would be desirable.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- CIMA or ACA qualified
- Degree in a related field or business and management
- Computer literate – MS365
- Experience with D365 / Business Central or Microsoft Navision or similar ERP system
- Experience using data warehouse and reporting packages to produce financial reports
- Fluent in English, with other languages an advantage.
- A competitive salary
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
Why work for us?
This is a great opportunity for someone with proven leadership skills to step up or into a new role as part of a relatively small but highly successful and growing business working in the sustainability sector. Our two shareholders were recently recognised in the Bioeconomy 500 for their leadership contribution to the bioeconomy’s development and project deployment. We are an agile, forward-thinking business, small enough to know each employee individually, but big enough to make a difference.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: email@example.com (no agencies please)
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities