Group HR, Training & Development Manager
Full Time, Permanent
Skipton, United Kingdom
Hybrid Role - up to 3 days per week working from home after a suitable period of review
We are looking for an experienced HR Training and Development Manager to manage the HR function for our high growth international company. This position reports to the Group CEO and is responsible for employees in UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, USA and Singapore, but also oversees the HR management of employees based in Norway, Sweden & Denmark. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong generalist experience, including but not limited to employee relations and L&D. The candidate will have managerial responsibility for the HR Administrator based in Skipton, UK. There is also protentional managerial responsibility for a HR Manager who is based in Norway.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
- Manage the recruitment process to ensure that talent is identified, attracted and that MBP is incentivised as a place to work
- Analyse the skills and qualities required for any new roles and in conjunction with line management, develop job descriptions, coordinate the advertising of vacancies, assess applications for global offices and interview applicants.
- Coordinate and manage the onboarding and induction of new employees with local managers, including probationary and new starter performance reviews and terminations.
- Manage, motivate and develop the HR team of two (HR Manager and HR Administrator)
- Develop, update and implement all HR policies and procedures ensuring the company meets HR related legal and compliance requirements. Support managers and employees in the execution of policies and procedures.
- Develop and improve internal HR systems within our Microsoft platform with overall responsibility and support of the HR database in SharePoint (SPO).
- GDPR advisor function for the company.
- Oversee and produce monthly HR reports across the Group for Absence, Employee Relations Cases and HR stats for the senior management team
- Working the Group CEO to prepare and manage the OPEX budget.
- Management of internal and external training courses with responsibility for continuous review of training courses, annual training budget, working with MBP’s Learning platform (LMS365). Create and deliver internal training courses in line with company needs and working with managers to drive forward the training and development in the group.
- Conduct an annual skills review and establish employee personal development plans to address any critical gaps, identify relevant training courses and material for development.
- Continually review employee experience and present new ideas on how to improvement engagement and wellbeing.
- General HR admin which includes but is not limited to: preparing and amending HR database and documents (such as contracts of employment, job descriptions and privacy notice), on and off boarding, first point of contact for employees (based in UK, US, NL and CH) on HR or welfare matters, supporting managers through the appraisal process and ensuring all employee records are updated.
We are looking for someone with the following education/ experience:
- Relevant HR qualification such as CIPD Level 5 or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a HR Generalist Management role, preferably covering Europe
- A minimum of 3 years experience of managing employee relations case, formal processes and comfortable creating formal documentation in English.
- Experience of working at pace and managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- English language skills (verbal and written) at business level.
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Strong understanding of employment law and practice both in the UK and in Europe.
- Ability to think commerically but also in balance with employee experience.
- Strong IT skills and comfortable using cloud based platforms and MS Office applications. Experience in SharePoint is advantageous.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Manage the recruitment process to ensure that talent is identified, attracted and that MBP is incentivised as a place to work. In conjunction with senior management and HR Responsible, identify the company’s needs and prepare annual recruitment budget.
- Analyse the skills and qualities required for any new roles and in conjunction with line management, develop job descriptions. Coordinate the advertising of vacancies, assess applications (for UK, NL, US and CH), liaise with recruitment agencies as required and interview applicants.
- Coordinate and manage the onboarding and induction of new employees with HR Responsible and managers, including probationary and new starter performance reviews and terminations.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A high level of emotional intelligence with an ability to actively listen
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Structured, methodical and well-organised
- Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
- Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
- Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
- High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A gross salary between 35,000 to 41,000 GBP, depending on experience
- 10% annual bonus
- Flexibility with hybrid working (if desired) after a suitable period of review
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- Training and development opportunities
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention