Group Legal Counsel
Full Time / Permanent
Based in our UK, NL or Scandinavian office / Hybrid Working
Do you have international law experience and knowledge? Can you manage a small team?
We are seeking a Legal Counsel to oversee all of MBP’s legal functions and handle all legal concerns to ensure compliance. Therefore, it is imperative to have international law knowledge and experience. As well as managing a team of 2 Legal Officers in Sweden and Netherlands, you will provide support in all commercial legal matters. The role typically requires you to provide legal advice and guidance on issues related to the products and their application, prepare legal letters, draft and review contracts, review and edit regulatory documents, research legislative issues, and analyse new and existing legislation to ensure compliance and drive new business.
Your main tasks will be:
- Provide legal advice: issue recommendations in complete compliance with the law and strive to minimise risk for their organisation, identifying and communicating risks and suggesting alternative courses of action to mitigate.
- Improve awareness of legal issues: brief teams or staff members on relevant legal issues, potential liabilities and possible courses of action.
- Lead the Legal team providing motivation and development of direct reports.
- Draft and review contracts and legal documents.
- Ensure compliance: provide guidance on all kinds of legal matters to ensure compliance of laws and regulations for all operations, and make recommendations for improved management of legal obligations, risks and opportunities.
- Conduct legal research: research legal resources such as articles and regulations concerning MBP’s products, services and relevant jurisdictions. Oversee maintenance of a network of resources for relevant legal information and updates including websites and industry associations.
- Any other task or responsibility, as reasonably required of the role or company.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with excellent interpretation and analytical skills. A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to a non-legal audience. A willingness to contribute to our collaborative and diverse culture and possess resilience as well as a proactive approach to all tasks.
It is essential that you have:
- First-level law degree, an advanced university degree and substantial relevant experience in an international corporate environment, with good know-how around commercial contracts.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Knowledge of international trade and the legal aspects of M&A.
- The ability to identify, evaluate, and critically interpret relevant sources of law, to handle issues related to our international business activities.
- Understanding of both the practical and theoretical aspects of international law, and ability to analyse legislation from different jurisdictions around the world.
- It is essential that you can confidently communicate (both in writing and verbally) at a business level in English.
It is desirable that you have:
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the bio-based industry, secondary raw materials industry, waste industry, bio-energy industry or recycling/recovery of biomass is an advantage but not a requirement. Understanding of these areas can be gained in the role provided there is an interest in learning about the industry.
- Ability to speak additional languages.
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with the option of hybrid working
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- An international and diverse working environment
- International travel is expected
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: email@example.com (no agencies please)
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities