Group Quality & Sustainability Manager
(Permanent & Full Time)
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Group Quality & Sustainability Manager to join our growing quality team. This is an exciting role working in collaboration with both the management team and wider stakeholders in the company. We are looking for someone who has previous experience in Quality and Sustainability management and in leading both internal and external audits. This position is not related to Quality Assurance or Products, so would suit someone with experience in quality processes and procedures from a management and planning perspective.
This position can be based in either Skipton, United Kingdom or Gouda, Netherlands with hybrid working available after a suitable period of review.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
- Ensure the internal and external audits are completed and maintained according to the audit schedule including communication with external auditors, internal co-ordination with MBP sites and follow up of actions/ nonconformities.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the quality team of two, with regular team meetings and prioritisation of tasks.
- Actively work with senior stakeholders and managers to pull together KPI’s across the management dashboards which underly the MBP strategy.
- Ensuring the Annual Customer Survey, Supplier questionnaires and Risk Assessments are completed by the Quality team and the results are presented to stakeholders.
- Raise awareness, understanding and improve the culture of Quality, across the MBP Group with info share of audit results, posting news on SPO and general communications.
- Working with the Quality team to improve and ensure compliance of our sustainability standards for the four active MBP companies with this certification and drive improvements in Sustainability process, documentation, checks and calculations.
- Develop and provide sustainability content for the OMBP reports.
- Oversee sustainability projects
- Maintaining legislative and best practice knowledge and ensuring any changes are reflected in MBP’s processes though update of the legal overview (with the Legal officers) and changed circumstances.
- Learn and understand how Quality fits into MBP. Assessing how changes and improvements in the Quality area are beneficial and relevant to MBP – balancing quality with day-to-day business is key.
- Build strong professional relationships with both senior and wider stakeholders across the MBP Group, coordinating the completion of tasks as required to meet quality objectives.
- Integrate sustainability in the MBP business model and align the company’s work in the sustainability area with its new strategy and with methods to track general business performance.
- Implement sustainability strategies: propose systems to develop and implement sustainability initiatives and policies that strengthen the company’s reputation and trust, improve MBP’s standing compared to peers and competitors in the view of customers, and meet or exceed regulatory standards.
- Communicate sustainability performance and ensure that the sustainability of MBP is visible.
- Train new employees on MBP’s approach to sustainability as well as other employees about sustainability topics when required.
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications:
(please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on-the-job examples)
- A degree or equivalent level qualification in a relevant subject.
- Internal and/or external audit qualification(s) with demonstrated practical experience.
- Knowledge and experience in a Quality and/or Sustainability Management and associated standards e.g. ISO 9001 or 14001, ISCC, IFFO RS, FEMAS or similar.
- Ability to demonstrate the transformation of standard and legal requirements in actual working practices.
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Understanding quality and sustainability in a fast paced growing business and the ability to balance need over future aspiration.
- People management experience, ideally a small team of quality professionals.
- Written and verbal English language skills at business level, other languages an asset.
Desirable experience or qualifications:
- Experience in Sustainability or Environmental Management.
- Experience of working in an international business from a Quality perspective.
- Experience in GMP and FSA certification standards and compliance, with demonstrated knowledge and experience of auditing/inspection techniques desired.
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma.
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to prioritise work to the needs of the business
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Able to motivate others and achieve results, through cross function teamworking and management of projects.
• Structured, methodical and well-organised
• Computer literate and comfortable using standard MS Office applications such as SharePoint, Teams and Excel
• Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
• Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
• Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
• Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
• High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A competitive salary and benefits package including an annual bonus and “sign on” bonus.
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period of review
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)
To apply for this position, please send your CV (in English) and information on your right to work status, to our Human Resources department: email@example.com