Group Supply Chain Lead
Full Time / Permanent
Based in our NL or UK office / Hybrid Working
We are looking for an energetic Group Supply Chain Lead to join our growing, international business working with biological by-products in the Circular Economy. The main purpose of the role is to improve, optimise and manage the Supply Chain activities of the MBP Group and deliver accurate and appropriate reporting to the Senior Management Team. Our strategy includes more digitalisation and focus on sustainability and these two areas will have a high impact on the work and expectations of the Supply Chain function. This position also offers potential for personal and career development, responsibility for a remotely managed team of 5 and opportunity for multi–modal transport management.
Your main tasks will be:
- Manage all logistics and supply chain tasks and functions, both at internal production sites and externally from supplier to customer
- Lead and develop the logistics team
- Develop and maintain systems to plan and report optimised flows of materials, using existing and new systems and reporting tools
- Manage logistics contracts globally, ensuring SLAs with third party transporters are in place and MBP terms and conditions are legally compliant and applied
- Manage deliveries and supplies, balancing incoming supplies with the needs in sales and optimising business margins possibilities via treatment/mixing products, contracts and destinations
- Act as a champion for digitalisation within the supply chain scope
- Maintain, improve and optimise internal work procedures and instructions related to the supply chain across the group to drive process improvement, best practice and increasing efficiencies.
Who are you?
There are two essential parts to this role, and we think it will suit someone looking to step up to their first leadership position. You need to have established people management skills with a track record of day to day managing a remote team. You also need to show how you have driven change in processes and systems, partnering with the rest of the business to deliver on our objectives. You need to be a hands-on team player, who can communicate clearly at all levels. It’s a challenging role and you need to be resilient and understand working in a truly international business.
You also need to be structured, methodical and well-organised, able to take responsibility and work well with multiple duties and deadlines. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances. You must be fluent in English (other language skills are an advantage).
Essential qualifications and skills:
- APICS or similar Supply Chain accreditation
- Degree in a related field or business and management
- Computer literate – MS365
- Experience with D365 / Business Central or Microsoft Navision or similar ERP system
- A competitive compensation package including base salary and company bonus
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
Why work for us?
This is a chance for someone to make a big impact in a small but highly successful and growing business working in the sustainability sector. Our two shareholders were recently recognised in the Bioeconomy 500 for their leadership contribution to the bioeconomy’s development and project deployment. With around 140 people worldwide, MBP offers the opportunity to be a significant cog in the wheels of the business.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies please)
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities