Head of Supply Chain
Location: Gouda, Netherlands / Silkeborg, Denmark
Do you want to work for a vibrant and growing international company?
We are looking for an energetic Head of Supply Chain to join our growing, international business working with biological by-products. This position comes with the potential for personal and career development.
MBP Solutions is specialized in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. The company was founded in 1999, on the concept of sustainability, legal compliance, transparency and optimal utilization of the resources in biological by-products.
MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
• Manage all logistics and supply chain tasks and functions both at internal production sites and externally from supplier to customer, including logistics team management
• Maintain, improve and optimise internal work procedures and instructions related to the Supply chain acrosss the group to drive process improvement, best practice and increasing efficiencies to help the company achieve a lean and efficient organisation
• Management, delivery and accountability for agreed Supply Chain KPI’s
• Report to the Sales Director the supply pipeline with regards to sales availability, costs of incoming products, the status of the Inventories and be able to conduct a risk analysis. Make suggestions to the Sales Director of future options and consequences they could have for the supply chain.
• Act as the helpdesk for all import/export queries and working with the logistics team
• Guide the logistics and business coordinators in solving daily problems with delays, loading / unloading and as hoc issues relating to transport of goods whilst working to minimise costs
• Manage a systematic global optimisation of logistics and ensure SLA with third party transportors are in place and MBP terms and conditions are legal compliant
• Manage deliveries / supplies and monitor relevant quality parameters , predicting difficulties and uncertaincies to check further and take operational decisions regarding supply chain management : balancing incoming supplies with the needs in sales and optimising business margins possiblities via treatment/mixing products, contracts and destinations
• Guide storage responsible, business and logistics coordinators reagarding product movements at MBP storage sites by making operational decisions and optimising business margins
• Manage quality related cases in the area of purchase and supply chain and logistics and oversea case handling
• Develop and maintain systems to plan and report optimised flows of materials, using existing and new systems and reporting tools
• Career perspective to a larger team manager and potential to join the MBP management team
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Computer literate and comfortable using MS Office 365 applications.
• Experience with Microsoft Navision / Business Dynamics or similar ERP system.
• Experience of working in international business, global manufacturing environment, multi-site and multi-regional leadership.
• English language to business level (other languages an advantage).
• University Degree with a preferred discipline in Supply chain / Business / Technical areas.
• APICS or similar supply chain related accreditation preferred or min 5 years experience in B2B environment working in supply chain or logistics.
• Extensive supply chain experience within a complex, highly regulated, multi-business unit environment with previous management experience at senior level.
• In-depth knowledge of relevant supply chain regulatory requirements (export control experience preferred).
• Ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors and strong analytical skills.
• Experience with LEAN principles an advantage.
• Excellent planning and organisational, project management and time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills that engage and inspire the team.
• Proven ability to formulate, plan, direct and maintain long and short-term goals.
• Very good communication techniques, presentation and linguistics skills, able to articulate clearly and in precise language.
• Very good prioritization, problem solving and delegation skills and able to able to work under.
• Structured, methodical and well-organised, strong organizational skills essential
• A strong people manager
• Able to take responsibility and work well with multiple duties and deadlines and represent MBP in a professional manner
• A self starter, proactive ability to work on own initiative and planning
• Flexible, able to adapt to changing circumstances and team-work spirit
For more information you may contact:
Clare McDowell at email@example.com
Closing date: 30th April 2020
If you are interested please apply at the earliest opportunity.
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.