HR Manager (Scandinavia)
based in Greaker Norway (full time)
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager who can demonstrate their knowledge, ability and skills in dealing with employee relations cases in Norway, Sweden and Denmark. The position will report to the Group HR and Training manager, who is based in the United Kingdom. Therefore, providing information on local HR legislation and practice, as well as occasional translation, is a key element of this role. We are willing to considering remote based working for this position, if the candidate is willing to travel to the Scandinavian offices, weekly.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
• To be the HR presence for Scandinavian offices in Norway, Denmark and Sweden, working closely with the Group HR and Training Manager to ensure aligned approach and adherence to group policies and procedures.
• Conducting recruitment activities such as posing job advertisements, reviewing applications of candidates, conducting 1st stage telephone interviews and assisting managers with 2nd stage interviews. Preparing employment, on boarding and induction documentation.
• Maintain and update training records for Scandinavian employees.
• Provide advice and coach local managers on their approach to employee relations cases, ensuring the company policies and procedures are adhered to. Ensuring the appropriate escalation is made, if required.
• When required, conduct investigations into employee conduct or performance and assist with formal disciplinary hearings. This could include providing advice on possible sanctions, corresponding with Union or legal representatives and taking the minutes of meetings.
• Providing local legislative overview and translation on Scandinavian HR practices.
• Reporting of monthly HR statistics and KPIs.
• Assist with annual pay review and bonus calculations.
• General HR admin which includes but is not limited to: preparing and amending HR database and documents, off boarding, first point of contact for employees on HR or welfare matters, coordinate and recording of vacation/holidays/flexi-time/overtime, organising Scandinavian celebrations, supporting managers through the appraisal process and ensuring all employee records are updated.
• Update the Employment Law register with Scandinavian updates and provide overview to key stakeholders.
• Champion change projects and assist the Group HR and Training Manager with communication and gaining local buy in on group decisions.
• Coordinate office management tasks for Greaker and Staffanstorp, including ordering of equipment, refreshments, office supplies etc.
• Travel to our Swedish and Danish offices, as and when required.
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications:
(please do not apply if you cannot demonstrate your experience through on the job examples)
• Relevant Human Resources qualifications.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in HR management.
• Experience of managing employee relations case and processes in a Scandinavian country.
• Experience with Union relations and corresponding with Union representatives.
• Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
• Scandinavian and English language skills (verbal and written).
• Comfortable working in a standalone position, this position is the only HR person located in country and happy working for and with a manager located in another country.
Desirable experience or qualifications:
• Coaching and mentoring/ management qualifications
• Change Management experience
• Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• A high level of emotional intelligence
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills
• Structured, methodical and well-organised
• Computer literate and comfortable using standard MS Office applications
• Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
• Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
• Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
• Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
• High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A highly competitive salary
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• Free parking
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Flexibility with home working after probation
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• Occasional travel to other international MBP offices (role independent)