Position Filled - HR Manager (Scandinavia), Greaker, Norway
Full Time / Temporary Maternity Cover
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to fill a temporary contract of around 16 months (1 May 2022 to 31 August 2023). This position is generalist, has responsibility for the HR function within Norway, Sweden and Denmark and will work closely with our Group HR and Training manager, who is based in the United Kingdom. It is essential that the candidate is comfortable working in a standalone position and has experience providing guidance on local legislation and HR practice, as well as occasional translation.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
- Conduct recruitment activities in accordance with the group plan, such as posing job advertisements, reviewing applications of candidates, conducting 1st stage interviews and assisting hiring managers with 2nd stage interviews (where required), prepare employment, onboarding and induction documentation.
- Responsible for temp hires for Production sites in Scandinavia, in consideration of operational requirements and central budget. Keep a comprehensive record of expenditure.
- Maintain and update training records for Scandinavian employees, ensuring that any requests for external training are submitted to the GHRM for approval.
- Provide advice to local managers on their approach to employee relations cases, ensuring the company policies and procedures are adhered to. Ensuring the appropriate escalation is made, if required.
- Conduct investigations and prepare reports for employee conduct or performance issues and hold/assist with formal disciplinary hearings. This could include providing advice on possible sanctions, corresponding with Union or legal representatives.
- Provide local legislative overviews and translation on Scandinavian HR practices to GHRM and CEO, as and when required.
- Prepare monthly HR statistics and KPIs for topics such as absence, holiday, ER cases, temp employee costs etc.
Assist with annual pay review and bonus calculations, including administration such as preparation of contract amendment letters.
- Prepare monthly payroll information for external payroll providers and internal accountants.
- Monthly VAT for MBP Solutions and SSB, reporting in Altinn.no.
- Complete HR Project work as and when required, which may include research, proposals and report preparation.
- General HR admin which includes but is not limited to: preparing and amending HR database and documents (such as employment contracts, job descriptions and privacy notices), off boarding, first point of contact for employees on HR or welfare matters, coordinate and recording of absence (including monthly reports), supporting managers through the appraisal process and ensuring all employee records are updated.
We are looking for someone with the following education/ experience:
- Relevant HR qualification such as CIPD Level 5 or similar.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a HR Generalist or HR management role, preferably covering Scandinavia.
- A minimum of 3 years experience of managing employee relations case, formal processes and comfortable creating formal documentation in English.
- English language skills (verbal and written) at business level.
- An understanding of Swedish and Danish languages, preferably both verbal and written.
- Experience with Union relations and corresponding with Union representatives .
- Ability to think commercially but also in balance with employee experience.
- Strong IT skills and comfortable using cloud based platforms and MS Office applications.
- Comfortable working in a standalone position, this position is the only HR person located in country and must be happy working for and with a manager located in another country.
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Coaching and mentoring/ management qualifications.
- Change Management experience.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- A high level of emotional intelligence with an ability to actively listen
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Structured, methodical and well-organised
- Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
- Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
- Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
- High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A salary of up to 55,833.33 NOK per month, depending on experience
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Pension and health related benefits
• Free electronic car charge points
• Flexibility with Hybrid Working (if desired) after a suitable period of review
• Occasional international travel to other international MBP offices (role dependent)