Full Time / Permanent
Based in our DK, NO or NL Office / Hybrid Working
Do you want to be part of our continued growth? We are looking for a qualified lawyer with a generalist background. This is a Group role, where you will expand your experience and skill set, practising broadly across different areas of law, and in multiple jurisdictions. You will need to have a generalist’s approach to law, as you will be joining an experienced team working with multiple areas of our business and in all geographies that are relevant to our company.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Draft and review different types of agreements (strategic supplier and customer agreements, non-disclosure, consulting, cooperation, distribution), and terms and conditions.
- Provide legal support in contract negotiation, and to international trading and logistic activities.
- Work closely with the Group Legal Counsel to monitor legal instruments in multiple jurisdictions and languages, to ensure legal compliance with applicable requirements.
- Provide legal support when setting up new legal entities, on M&A transactions, and in areas related to direct taxes (e.g. VAT, corporate tax, excise).
- Other tasks related to legal monitoring and compliance on issues related to our international business and international trade activities.
- Apply for registrations and permits required for our operations, products and services in the different countries where we operate.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with excellent interpretation and analytical skills. A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to a non-legal audience. A willingness to contribute to our collaborative and diverse culture and possess resilience as well as a proactive approach to all tasks.
It is essential that you have:
- First-level law degree, an advanced university degree and relevant experience in an international corporate environment, with good knowhow around commercial contracts.
- The ability to identify, evaluate, and critically interpret relevant sources of law, to handle issues related to our international business activities.
- Understanding of both the practical and theoretical aspects of at least EU law, and ability to analyse legislation from different jurisdictions around the world.
- It is essential that the candidate can confidently communicate (both in writing and verbally) at a business level in English, and in the language of the country where the employee will be based.
It is desirable that you have:
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge of international trade and the legal aspects of M&A.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the bio-based industry, secondary raw materials industry, waste industry, bio-energy industry or recycling/recovery of biomass is an advantage but not a requirement. Understanding of these areas can be gained in the role provided there is an interest in learning about the industry.
- Ability to speak additional languages is an advantage (especially Dutch, German or a Scandinavian language).
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A competitive salary
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with the option of remote/hybrid working
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- An international and diverse working environment
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities