Legal Officer (Position Filled)
based in either Staffanstorp or Norrkoping, Sweden (full time, permanent)
Due to exciting growth, we are looking for a Legal Officer to join our Legal and Corporate Sustainability Manager. We are looking for a qualified lawyer with a generalist background and approach to law, looking to expand their experience and skill set, and with the ability to practice broadly across different areas of law, in multiple jurisdictions. This is a Group role and the Legal Officer will work with multiple areas of our business and in all geographies that are relevant to our company.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
• Draft and review different types of agreements (strategic supplier and customer agreements, non-disclosure, consulting, cooperation, distribution), and terms and conditions.
• Work closely with the Legal Manager to monitor legal instruments in Scandinavian languages and ensure legal compliance with applicable requirements.
• Provide legal support in contract negotiation.
• Different administrative tasks related to legal affairs.
• Provide legal support when setting up new legal entities.
• Provide legal support to trading and logistic activities.
• Provide legal support in areas related to direct and direct taxes (e.g. VAT, corporate tax, excise).
• Other tasks related to legal monitoring and compliance on issues related to our international business and international trade activities.
• Apply for registrations and permits required for our operations, products and services in the different countries where we operate.
• Other legal tasks as the needs arises.
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications:
(please do not apply if you cannot demonstrate your experience through on-the-job examples)
• Applicants must demonstrate the ability to identify, evaluate, and critically interpret relevant sources of law, to handle issues related to our international business activities.
• It is essential that the candidate can confidently communicate (both in writing and verbally) at business level in English and Swedish but also understands/ can readand interpret legislation in Danish and Norwegian.
• Understanding of both the practical and theoretical aspects of at least EU law, and ability to analyse legislation from different jurisdictions around the world.
• First-level law degree and advanced university degree or relevant experience in an corporate environment.
Desirable experience or qualifications:
• Knowledge about direct and indirect taxation (e.g. VAT, excise, corporate tax), international trade and or international business law.
• Knowledge and/or experience in the bio-based industry, secondary raw materials industry, waste industry, bio-energy industry or recycling/recovery of biomass is an advantage but not a requirement. Understanding of these areas can be gained in the role provided there is an interest in learning about the industry.
• Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
• Excellent interpretation and analytical skills.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to a non-legal audience.
• Structured, methodical and well-organised.
• Computer literate and comfortable using standard MS Office applications.
• Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas.
• Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals.
• Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks.
• Team player who contributes to our collaborative and diverse culture.
• High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills.
Ability to work independently, remotely and as part of a small team.
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A salary of up to 45,833.33 SEK per month, depending on experience
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources.
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention.
• Flexibility with home working after probation.
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development.
• Occasional travel to other international MBP offices (role independent).
To apply for this position, please send your CV, a summary of why you feel you are suitable for the position and your right to work status to our Human Resources department: email@example.com