Based in either CA or MN - USA
(Full Time, Permanent)
We are looking for a Logistics Co-ordinator to work as part of our growing team, based in either our North Hollywood office in California or Minneapolis, Minnesota. There is also the option to take advantage of hybrid working after a suitable period of review (up to 3 days home/2 days office). You will work in close cooperation with the North America sales team and you will be required to work with high level of precision and attention to detail. You will be confident and capable of handling multiple duties and deadlines – making sure all deliveries, documents, customer and supplier communications and requests, are daily managed to a high level and on time.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
• Creating sales and purchase contracts in CRM and Navision ERP system
• Creating and booking purchase orders, sales orders, shipments and invoices as well as transportation and other services in Navision ERP system.
• Working closely with Domestic and International customers to plan, prepare, coordinate and execute shipments including truck, rail and ocean freight.
• Generating shipping documents for domestic and international shipments, including BOL’s, Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin, Certificates of Analyses, Weight documentation and Insurance certificates.
• Maintaining database of freight providers and transportation quotes.
• Sending product samples for analysis when required and logging results in the analysis database.
• Controlling of physical inventory against inventory in ERP systems
• Secure accounts receivables, controlling of accounts payable, reconcile bank accounts.
• Preparing monthly Activity Sheets in Microsoft Excel for Key Account Customers
• Attending meetings when required, including preparation of documents and minutes.
• Day-to-day administrative duties including filing, reporting and other general office administration tasks.
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications:
(please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on-the-job or education examples)
• Proven problem-solving experience and able to demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Experience using an ERP system such as Navision, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics etc
• Experience of building relationships both internally and externally
• English (both Written and Verbal) language skills, at business level
Desirable experience or qualifications:
• Demonstrable experience in sales / business administration or logistics coordination work
• Demonstrable experience in contract management, document handling and dealing with Customers and Suppliers
• Experience working in a fast-paced business/company such as transport, commodities or manufacturing
• Experience from work in the customs system
• Contract negotiation experience
• Other language skills such as Spanish, is advantageous
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Structured, methodical and well-organised
• Computer literate and comfortable using standard MS Office applications, preferably intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel
• Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
• Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
• Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
• Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
• High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A gross annual salary up to $48,000 depending on experience
• HRA Scheme
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• 10% annual bonus
• Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period of review (3 days home/2 days office)
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
To apply for this position, please send your CV to our Human Resources department: firstname.lastname@example.org