Logistics Coordinator – Import/Export/Domestic
MBP Solutions is part of the green economy, recycling by-products from the food and oleo-chemical industry, which we market and sell as bio fuel, animal feed and fertilizer as well as for technical use.
We are specialized in optimizing the value of biological oil by-products and add value through unique know how regarding customer needs, product applications, production processes, regulatory requirements and logistics solutions. MBP is growing and we are looking for talented and innovative individuals, who wants to make a difference and help us grow our business globally.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the physical flow of products in our US, Canadian and South American businesses, including organizing transportation and generating shipping documentation. The role is key to building MBP’s presence in the US. The position is based in our offices in St.Louis Park, MN.
Your main tasks will be: Creating sales and purchase contracts in Microsoft Word and Navision ERP system
• Creating and booking purchase orders, sales orders, shipments and invoices as well as transportation and other services in Navision ERP system.
• Working closely with Domestic and International customers to plan, prepare, coordinate and execute shipments including truck, rail and ocean freight.
• Generating shipping documents for domestic and international shipments, including BOL’s, Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin, Certificates of Analyses, Weight documentation and Insurance certificates.
• Maintaining database of freight providers and transportation quotes
• Sending product samples for analysis when required and logging results in the analysis database
• Controlling of physical inventory against inventory in ERP systems
• Preparing monthly Activity Sheets in Microsoft Excel for Key Account Customers
• Attending meetings when required, including preparation of documents and minutes
• Day-to-day administrative duties including filing, reporting and other general office administration tasks
• Undertaking market research and ad hoc tasks as and when required
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Experience from a logistics and/or import/export function
• Experienced in office coordination and document preparation and handling
• Experience with Microsoft Navision or similar ERP systems
• Strong computer skills and experience with using and creating MS Office documents and spreadsheets
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Fluent in English. Spanish an asset
• Highly structured and strong personal organization skills
• Naturally takes responsibility, works well with multiple duties and dead lines, a task master
• Customer oriented and comfortable working in a fast paced international environment
• A self-starter, exceptional planning skills.with strong attention to details
• Capable of and enjoys working with little or no supervision
• A good sense of humour, flexible and team-work spirit