New Operations Engineer
Full Time / Permanent
Based in MBP's Office in Gouda, NL / Hybrid working
We are building and expanding our tank storage and liquid oil processing facilities and we now require an experienced Operations Engineer to drive and develop our projects. This is a new role for MBP, and results from significant growth and a 25-year track-record of profitable success in the sustainability sector and the circular economy. The New Operations Engineer will work closely with our site managers and teams of existing sites and with the steering groups for new production assets around the world.
Your main tasks will be:
- Responsibility for project management in connection with group development of major new storage or processing facilities.
- Liaising with business and ensuring business case, project planning, securing environmental permits, engineering with external partners, breaking down into stages, qualification of suppliers and contractors, sourcing of tanks and equipment, responsibility for construction phase, follow up and commissioning tests, planning for technology transfer, piloting and scale up, then ensuring successful handover to operations.
- Provide input for strategic expansion of the group physical storage facilities and working with sites on planning, tendering, execution and follow up on all maintenance and investment projects in Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Participation in potential due diligence of storage and production facilities.
- Participate in identifying and evaluating technology partners.
Who are you?
Experienced in leading significant capital engineering projects from end to end, you will ideally have relevant experience in the oleochemical, biodiesel, omega-3 concentration or the oil refining industry, although other industries with liquid storage and processing are also relevant. The role involves influencing and communicating so confidence in written and verbal English is needed, and it would help if you are also proficient in other languages such as Dutch, German and one of the Scandinavian languages. You need good commercial acumen and to be a team player with a knowledge sharing attitude.
You must also have:
- MSc or equivalent in Process or Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Business level English.
- Proven project management skills with track record of results.
MBP values employees who are critical thinkers who act with integrity, transparency and are open to ideas.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Working for a company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources.
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention.
- Flexibility with hybrid working option.
- An international working environment.
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development.
- International travel is expected 6-10 times per year of 2-4 days’ duration.
Why work for us?
This is a chance for someone to make an impact in a small but highly successful and growing business working in the sustainability sector. Our two shareholders were recently recognised in the Bioeconomy 500 for their leadership contribution to the bioeconomy’s development and project deployment.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: email@example.com (no agencies please)
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities