O365 Application Specialist/ Developer (Position Filled)
Full Time / Permanent
Skipton, United Kingdom
We have a brand-new role which will be a core part of our continued growth and digitisation strategy.
Being a key member of the IT team, you will build the tools to enable MBP to work efficiently with our data and processes. MBP use the Microsoft cloud platform and a recent move to O365 and Business Central opened opportunities to utilise tools such as PowerApps, Power Automate and the SharePoint platform to improve business processes and information flow. The focus of the role is to develop solutions using applications within the Microsoft Power Platform suite whilst exercising your knowledge of API integrations to connect other current and future cloud systems. In addition, working with the product owners you will take responsibility of administering, developing and improving the Zoho suite of products (CRM, Sign, Desk, Forms) along with other applications within the company portfolio.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
- Develop PowerApps solutions for business needs
- Work with stakeholders to gain requirements and design specifications
- Maintain and support the growing in-house workflows, apps and integrations
- Pro-active monitoring of alerts and errors
- Regular review of workflow/app functionality for improvements/efficiencies
- Use the helpdesk to manage queries and issues
- Use DevOps board/Kanban for user story management
- Working with ZOHO product owners the role will be responsible for
- User Account Management/Security
- Be a champion for your area of work by sharing knowledge and current trends with colleagues and other parts of the business.
- Ensure that any issues are reported in a timely manner via our helpdesk
- Deliver new user training on systems
- Ensure regular backups are running
- Scheduled workflows trigger
- Advise data owners of issues and improvements
- Integration with Business Central and other apps are running smoothly
- Keep up-to date with application releases and system changes
- Responsible for administering applications – as MBP’s cloud presence expands there will be a need to administer/maintain new applications.
- Work on integration projects internally and with 3rd parties
- Use workflows/APIs/code to develop integrations between different systems
We are looking for someone with the following experience or qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant IT topic.
- As a minimum, 2 years experience working with Microsoft Power platform environment or similar development experience.
- Advanced SharePoint knowledge with experience of developing solutions using its features.
- Experience of using APIs to integrate systems.
- An understanding of relational databases and SQL.
- Demonstrate an ability to ensure solutions are tested both functional and acceptance.
- ZOHO CRM or alternate CRM knowledge preferred but not required
- Logical thinker to troubleshooting issues and bug fixes.
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels. This is will be essential when updating all stakeholders and management of project status and escalations.
- Experience creating documentation to a high level to ensure continuity and support assistance.
- Willingness to learn leading edge cloud technologies
- Ability to work in an Agile based format
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Written and verbal English language skills at business level.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
- Stong analytical skills
- Structured, methodical and well-organised
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
- A proactive approach to change
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A salary of up to £40,000, depending on experience
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• Free parking
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Our UK office is based on the Broughton Hall Estate in Skipton, where you are surrounded by the natural beauty of the Yorkshire Dales
• Flexibility with Hybrid Working after a suitable period of review
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• Occasional international travel to other international MBP offices (role dependent)
For more information and to apply for this position please send your CV to our HR Team: email@example.com
No Agencies Please.