Purchase Ledger Clerk
Full Time / Permanent
Based in our Skipton, UK office / Hybrid Working
Do you have exceptional organisation skills, strong attention to detail and experience processing high volumes of invoices?
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our Finance team, working from our Skipton office in the UK. Your role will be to ensure all incoming supplier invoices are booked, the accounting inbox is cleared on a daily basis and to assist in tasks relating to bank reconciliations and supplier statements. Following a suitable period of review and if desired, the candidate will be able to apply for Hybrid Working for up to three days per week from home.
Your main tasks will be:
- Processing supplier invoices for multiple MBP companies
- Scanning invoices back to head office on a daily basis and import them into Continia invoice system
- Carry out supplier statement reconciliations
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Dealing with ad hoc queries on invoices and sending invoice copies when required
- General accounting administration tasks
- Any other task or responsibility, as reasonably required of the role or company
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications (please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on the job or education examples):
- Previous finance experience is advantageous but not essential, if the candidate is a team player and willing to learn.
- Experience of working in a busy administrative, having handled multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Excel (working with spreadsheets) is advantageous, but training will be provided
- As a minimum, Maths and English at a C or level 4.
Essential demonstrable skills we are looking for:
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
- Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Structured, methodical and well-organised
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a small team
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative and diverse culture
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality
- Business level English language skills
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies please)
Led by a CEO who is a woman
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities