Financial Analyst and Controller (Position Filled)
based in Skipton, United Kingdom (Full Time/Permanent)
We are looking for an experienced Financial Analyst and Controller, who will be the driving force for the Groups new reporting structure. The candidate must have a passion for data and statistical analysis and enjoy the challenge of creating new and improved reports. This position will also support our Quality managers with analysis and reporting.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your initial tasks will be:
• Group reporting and analysis for Purchase/ Sales / KPI’s using existing methods and then creating new reports using data modelling / Jet reports.
• Monthly key account controls, analysis and invoice bookings.
• Create the Quarter Quality report (QQR), collection and presentation of KPI data.
• Prepare the annual Customer Survey, send out and follow up with participants, collate and prepare the data and create the final report.
• Prepare the annual Supplier Questionnaire, send out and follow up with participants, collate and prepare the data and create the final report.
• Monthly and quarterly controls and analysis of financial results as part of our Internal Control system, initially using WISE analyser cube data and then developing new reports in Jet reports.
• Working with the accounting team to proactively drive management reporting, analysis / variant analysis.
• Part of the MBP Budget team and driving improvements to current MBP budget process via data modelling / Jet Budgets.
•Prepare the annual Risk Assessment Survey, send out and follow up with participants, collate and prepare the data and create the final report.
• Creating half year key account reports using data models and update to word documents
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications:
(please do not apply if you cannot demonstrate your experience through on the job examples)
• Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
• Experience in a similar role within a business or finance environment.
• High level of Computer literacy in standard MS Office packages, including Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
• Strong evidenced experience in statistical analysis and reporting, including data modelling.
• Experience in using an ERP system such as Navision, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics etc.
• Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
Desirable experience or qualifications:
• Experience in producing reports in Jet reports / Jet Analytics / Power BI (or similar) reports.
• Experience dealing with International financial data and analysis.
• Exchange rate risk management / hedging experience.
• Futures market planning experience.
• Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma.
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
• Outstanding analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Structured, methodical and well-organised
• Positive attitude to change and professional development
• Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
• Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
• Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks
• Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
• High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving and research skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• A competitive salary
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• Free on-site parking
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Option of hybrid working (up to 3 day home/ 2 day office)
• Bonus Scheme
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• Occasional travel to other international MBP offices (role independent)
To apply for this position, please send your CV, a summary of why you feel you are suitable for the position and your right to work status to our Human Resources department: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies Please.