Full Time / Permanent
DK, Silkeborg / Hybrid Working
Are you an Environmental Engineer looking for a career in sales?
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Recycling Solutions Manager (RSM) with knowledge of Biogas substrates to further develop our Scandinavian activities within this sector. This is an entry level position and will suit someone with a degree in Environmental Engineering, with a keen interest in developing a sales career.
You will project manage our newly acquired recycling centre in Central Jutland, develop new customers and suppliers, including the sales of biogas substrates, additives and services, as well as participate in development projects. You will gradually develop your ability to independently manage accounts, growing your commercial insight. Key focus areas of this role will be to working with industries to improve the service on their waste and by-products. Further, you will take part in product development with the Technical Sales Managers, as well as with other relevant MBP team members, customers and suppliers, utilizing your technical background.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Sales & Sourcing, management of Key Accounts in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
- Project management for the business side of our new recycling centre in Central Jutland. Here we develop a facility in cooperation with a biogas plant that can handle and empty packaged material. This will allow us to offer sustainable solutions to industries, distribution and supermarkets.
- Participation in a project to trade and find markets for green biogas certificates. We sell green biogas certificates on behalf of biogas plants and find customers that are looking to offset their GHG emissions.
- Investigate potential new and commercially better outlets (lower transport costs, ability to pay a higher price etc.).
- Business development – in cooperation with other application areas like animal feed – by identifying companies in the industry that may have by-products that will fit the MBP Biogas concept. Shortlist industries for contact and identify relevant contact people.
- Project management and participation in projects for developing specific strategic usages and applications for Biogas substrates and other specific products/by-products/wastes.
- Deliver input to the business plan for the area.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications (please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on the job or education examples):
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or similar
- Sales and marketing experience and/or an interest in business development
- Native level in a Scandinavian language (Danish, Norwegian or Swedish)
- Business level English
Desirable experience or qualifications:
- Experience in, or knowledge of, food industry, oils and fats industry etc.
- Up to date knowledge of Biogas legislation and RED II in the relevant geographical areas
- Experience of using CRM
- Other languages are an asset
- Continuous improvement / LEAN / Six Sigma
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
- Continuously learning: Improve knowledge about products and product-application, customer requirements, legislation, product specifications and customer requirements through MBP training, courses as well as self-studies to be able to competently do business within the industries and products that are in MBP’s area.Develop superior knowledge in specific areas (energy, specific technical applications, anaerobic digestion, fertilizer, etc.) Support projects within MBP with knowledge and experience in this area. Positively participate in professional and personal development by attending and completing assigned training courses, in a timely manner.
- Collaborative: Be a constructive and positive member of the MBP sales force and MBP’s DK office, with an emphasis on good and pro-active cooperation.Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture. In general, have a knowledge sharing attitude and participate in exchange of ideas and solutions with MBP colleagues. Co-ordinate activities in sourcing with business colleagues of relevant application areas to strike a balance between sourcing and selling. All sourcing is cleared through the Sales Director or Supply Chain Manager.
- Open: Have a positive attitude towards change and comply with digitalisation advancements such as trialling new IT Solutions, undertake Microsoft champion program, and providing knowledge to peers. Actively use (and encourage user adoption) of Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and One Drive and provide feedback on new applications, including concerns and issues.
- Integrity: Establish relationships with key personnel both internally and externally, treating colleagues with respect and dignity. Adhere to all company routines, policies and procedures.
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A base salary of 35-45.000 DKK per month depending on your ability to contribute
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- International travel in Scandinavia is expected 1-3 times per month
For more information and to apply for this position please send your CV in English to our HR Team: email@example.com
No Agencies Please.