Senior D365 Application Specialist
Full Time / Permanent
Based in our Skipton, UK office / Hybrid Working
Do you have extensive knowledge and experience working with Microsoft D365? Are you looking for a permanent hybrid role?
MBP Solutions is experiencing a period of exciting growth, and we are moving our ERP system to D365 Business Central. This has created an opportunity for a Senior D365 Application Specialist with a proven ERP background, to bring their knowledge and experience to utilise MBP’s core business system to its full potential.
Ideally you will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and/or previous Navision versions. Change management is a key aspect of the role, and the successful candidate will work with the business and process owners to define requirements, functional test and assist with any acceptance testing. Business Central is our core business system, and this role will be involved with a range of integration projects with third party applications as well as workflow/process development. This is a great opportunity to help shape how MBP manage Business Central.
Your main tasks will be:
- Business Central/Continia/Jet helpdesk function – dealing with internal queries relating to system use and potential bugs, escalating to gold partners when needed.
- Working with the business to create functional requirements and user stories.
- Functional testing of enhancements completed by gold partner.
- Ensure that data owners are following best practice with regular reporting to highlight inconsistencies.
- Manage our master data and deal with requests for changes.
- Create training documents for administrative processes and system use.
- Complete the onboarding/offboarding and training of new employees.
- Manage and maintain security roles and permissions.
- Ensure preparedness for Microsoft updates, evaluate how this may affect MBP and provide a summary of key points and actions. Take actions as direction and prepare communications to wider company on changes or updates.
- Review and analyse the current state of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging existing processes.
- As a senior role, you will be involved in multiple digitisation projects to enhance and utilise Business Central data and functionalities. Touching most areas of the business you will learn MBP’s logistics, finance, business coordinators and sales processes.
- Enhance functionality and end user experiences utilising the MS Power Platform.
- Attend conferences and training events to improve skills and knowledge.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with the following essential experience or qualifications (please only apply if you can demonstrate your experience, by providing on the job or education examples):
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant IT topic.
- As a minimum, two years of experience configuring, maintaining, documenting, and supporting a company’s ERP, with a preference for working experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or Dynamics NAV. Knowledge of other ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle will also be considered.
- General understanding of accounting and operations processes with logistics and sales process experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of data analytics using tools such as PowerBI.
- Advanced Microsoft Office 365 skills including SharePoint, Power Automate etc.
- Experience using Continia Document Capture and Jet Analytics (preferred, not required).
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Written and verbal English language skills at business level.
Essential demonstrable skills/profile we are looking for:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Structured, methodical and well-organised.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, with a proactive approach to all tasks.
- Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture.
- High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills.
- A positive approach to change.
- A competitive salary, based on experience
- Working for an international company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- Free parking
- Our UK office is based on the Broughton Hall Estate in Skipton, where you are surrounded by the natural beauty of the Yorkshire Dales
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working (up to 3 days a week from home) after a suitable period of review
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: email@example.com (no agencies please)
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities