Technical Purchasing Manager - UCO
Full Time / Permanent
Based in MBP's Office in Greåker, Norway or home office / Hybrid working
Do you want to be part of the growth in the circular economy? In this role you will take responsibility for all our sourcing of Used Cooking Oil (UCO) in the Nordics. You will regularly visit our suppliers and handle the contracts utilising your negotiation skills. You will be reporting directly to a member of our top management team, and together you will be setting your targets for the development of the UCO business.
This is an opportunity to build experience internationally as part of a global company. Key focus areas of this role will be to work with industries to improve the service on their waste and by-products, and you will take part in product development with the Technical Sales Managers, as well as with other relevant MBP team members, customers, and suppliers. You will be part of a Nordic team as well as have regular communication and cooperation with MBP colleagues in other countries outside the Nordic region.
Your main tasks will be:
- Sourcing of UCO, management of Key Accounts in the Nordics.
- Business development – in cooperation with other application areas like animal feed – by identifying companies in the industry that may have by-products that will fit the MBP concept.
- Project management and participation in projects for developing specific strategic usages and applications for UCO and other specific products/by-products/wastes.
- Deliver input to the business plan for the area.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with strong influencing and negotiating skills who can establish and maintain long term relationships and partnerships and has a creative approach to problem solving. You will need to be innovative in building and executing strategies, drawing on both technical and market knowhow to deliver results. With your background, you have already established an understanding of the requirements of the sustainability sector.
We expect you also to have:
- Skills in purchasing and price negotiations
- B2B sourcing or sales experience from the oils and fats industry (alternatively from food/feed or other related industry)
- An interest in business development
- Fluent Norwegian and/or Scandinavian language skills
- Business level English
- Experience of using CRM
- A base salary of 45-55.000 NOK per month + bonus, depending on experience
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid and remote working options
- An international working environment
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Some travel is expected (1-3 times per month mainly in the Nordics)
Why work for us?
This is a chance for someone to make an impact in a small but highly successful and growing business working in the sustainability sector. Our two shareholders were recently recognised in the Bioeconomy 500 for their leadership contribution to the bioeconomy’s development and project deployment.
Biological by-products for tomorrow’s environment
For more information about MBP Solutions please visit our website. To apply for this position please
send your CV in English to our HR Team: firstname.lastname@example.org (no agencies please)
Making industries more sustainable since 1999
Diverse team with over 20 nationalities
30 New employees onboarded virtually in 2022
40 OMBP Factories are relying on MBP to sustainably manage their by-products
Broad training, mentoring and career development opportunities