Technical Sales Manager - Animal Feed
Full Time / Permanent
Based in one of our offices in the Netherlands, UK, Denmark or Sweden
Would you like the overall responsibility for all feed nutritional topics within the MBP Group? We are looking for a Technical Sales Manager (TSM) to perform sales work, give nutritional advice, and assist in business development in North America, Europe, China and Southeast Asia. You will be joining our growing team of feed specialists, so we are looking for someone who has a passion for collaboration, sharing ideas and working as a wider team to meet business goals.
This position is part of an international sales team based in Europe and the US, where you will be able to utilize your significant experience and knowledge in Animal Feed Nutrition and combine your application expertise with sound commercial understanding. A background in the animal feed industry is therefore essential.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- The overall responsibility of all feed nutritional topics within MBP Group.
- Assisting the sales force in nutritional issues and help improve the sales work by giving relevant arguments and written support, such as presentations and leaflets.
- Support in local and international sales of raw material for animal feed.
- Win new customers and develop new markets.
- Develop a deep and competent understanding of all MBP feed products and feed product applications in various animals. Work on market evaluation and prepare business cases.
- Have an updated knowledge of Market and prices in the relevant product and geographical areas.
- Manage development projects from sample and infrastructure evaluation to commercial scale up.
- Discuss unique circular products with both nutritionists and procurement.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone with excellent evidenced analytical, communication and negotiation skills and the ability to build professional relationships. You are experienced in building relationships across all levels and areas of the business and have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving. You have a knowledge sharing attitude and participate in exchange of ideas and solutions with MBP colleagues.
We expect you also to have:
- An M.Sc. Animal Science (or similar) and background, in combination with sales and marketing experience and/or an interest in business development
- Experience in the animal feed industry
- Experience of using CRM
And it would be helpful if you have:
- Product development experience
- Experience in poultry, pig or dairy production
- Experience in aquaculture production
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- Internationally experienced feed team
- A highly competitive salary
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with home working after probation
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- International travel 1-2 times per month to customers, suppliers and other MBP offices