Full Time / Permanent
Based at home office in Italy / Employment contract based at our NL office
MBP is growing! If you have expertise in the Biogas market in Italy and Southern Europe we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for results-driven Technical Sales Manager (TSM) to develop Key Account Management responsibilities for MBP customers and potentially OMBPs, MBP’s unique program for managing customer’s by product package. You will develop new customers and suppliers and play a key role in development projects. The TSM is expected to gradually develop an ability to independently manage accounts. Key focus areas of this role will be the Biogas market in Italy and more general business development in Southern Europe. The Technical Sales Manager role is part of a European and global commercial team that communicates and cooperates closely across all MBP’s geographies.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
Your main tasks will be:
- Management of ongoing key accounts and business
- Accounts (Sales and Sourcing) in Italy, and Southern Europe. In addition, specific accounts will be assigned by the Area Manager and Sales Director following a Key Account Management approach.
- Investigate potential new and better outlets (lower transport costs, ability to pay a higher price etc.).
- Participate in producing and maintaining a business plan for the sales area.
- Identify companies in the industry that may have by-products that will fit the MBP concept, with focus on Italy, and Southern Europe.
- Project management and participation in developing specific strategic applications for specific products/by-products/wastes.
- Develop superior knowledge in specific areas (biogas, anaerobic digestion, fertilizer, etc.) The TSM will support projects within MBP with their knowledge and experience in this area.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone with strong influencing and negotiating skills who can establish and maintain long term relationships and partnerships, and has a creative approach to problem solving. You need to be computer literate with the ability to use standard MS Office, able to work well on your own intiative, and be results focused with a proactive approach to all tasks.
You must also have:
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a technical based discipline such as Chemical Engineering
- Experience in Italian Biogas and manufacturing industries
- Commercial acumen
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Written and verbal English and Italian language skills at business level
It would also be helpful if you have:
- International business experience in a B2B setting
- Additional language skills, in particular French and other Mediterranean languages
- Knowledge of freight and logistics and international transportation
- Experience of dealing with EU regulations such as REACH and Food and Feed directives
- Key account management experience
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Car allowance
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Occasional international travel