Technical Sales Manager
Based in Minnesota or California, USA
Full Time/ Permanent
Due to exciting growth, we are looking for a Technical Sales Manager with exposure to Recycling/ Industrial By-products/ Renewable Energy, to join our expanding US team. We are ideally looking for a candidate based near Los Angeles, California or Minneapolis, Minnesota. This position will involve close co-operation with the wider US team, as well as integration into our international sales group. The position has a good potential for both personal and career development for the right candidate.
MBP Solutions was founded in 1999 and specialises in adding value to biological by-products through unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management.
With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique service called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from 33 different factories in Europe and North America are managed in a sustainable way.
Your main tasks will be:
• Expand existing and develop new business by sourcing and selling by-products from animal or vegetable oil processing industries.
• Understanding of customer needs within oil applications in bio heating, biodiesel feedstock, asphalt or other technical applications and animal feed.
• Research and present sales and market opportunities including identification and prioritization of leads.
• Existing knowledge or interest in learning about regulations and incentive programs influencing the production and consumption of biofuels and similar products.
• Participate in the selling of our Outsourced Management of By-Products (OMBP) service by contributing technical knowledge.
• An integral member of our Global sales team in Europe and the US reporting to the North America Business Manager.
• Travel up to 30%, primarily in the US, but potentially international.
We are looking for someone with the following experience or qualifications:
• A technical / engineering background with an understanding of either: biofuel, animal or vegetable oil and/or oleochemical manufacturing processes, products and by-products.
• Experience selling into or being involved in the technical evaluation or processes for our target industries.
• Educated to degree level in a technical related topic such as chemical engineering.
• A knowledge sharing attitude with an affinity for exchanging ideas.
• Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
• Written and verbal English language skills at business level.
Desirable experience or qualifications:
• Additional languages
• Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
Essential demonstrable Skills/Profile we are looking for:
• Superior influencing and negotiating skills
• Demonstrated ability to build professional relations
• Exceptional Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation to deliver sales results
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Superior analytical skills
• Structured, methodical and well-organised
• Computer literate and comfortable using standard MS Office applications
• Ability to work well on own initiative, presenting ideas
• Results focused and flexible to achieve business goals
• Resilient with the ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
• Team player who contributes to our collaborative culture
• High attention to detail with evidenced problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
• Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
• A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
• Flexibility with working from home
• Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
• A competitive salary
• HRA Scheme