Technical Sales Managers
Full Time / Permanent
Based in one of our Nordic Offices or from home office (Sweden, Norway, Denmark)
Do you want to be part of our continued growth?
We are looking for Technical Sales Managers (TSM) to further develop our Nordic activities. You will be supported in developing new customers and suppliers, and encouraged to participate in development projects, for instance within oil-based products for use in animal feed, biogas, biofuels as well as technical products. You will gradually develop an ability to independently manage accounts, growing your commercial insight. Key focus areas of this role will be to identify and develop sourcing of biological by-products from various industries in the Nordic countries. You will be part of a Nordic team as well as having regular communication and cooperation with MBP colleagues in other countries outside the Nordic region.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Sourcing & Sales in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Iceland.
- Business development by identifying companies in the industry that may have by-products that will fit the MBP concept. Shortlist industries for contact and identify relevant contact people.
- Project management and participation in projects for developing specific strategic usages and applications for specific products/by-products/wastes.
- Investigate potential new and commercially better outlets.
- Deliver input to the overall strategies for the Nordic countries in cooperation with the Area Manager and Sales Director.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone with strong influencing and negotiating skills who can establish and maintain long term relationships and partnerships and has a creative approach to problem solving. You may already have some experience with the sales role or be eager to learn. You need to be computer literate with the ability to use standard MS Office, able to work well on your own initiative, and be results focused with a proactive approach to all tasks.
We would prefer you also to have:
- Experience in the Nordic region manufacturing industries, ideally within the food or feed sector
- A keen interest in – with our support – to develop expertise in our products and their usages and application, the specific product-applications, customer requirements, product specifications, legislation etc.
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Scandinavian language skills at business level
And it would be further helpful if you have:
- Commercial acumen
- English language skills at business level
- Experience with continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A competitive salary
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment, and natural resources
- A friendly, professional, and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Up to 30-50 days travel per year, mainly in the Nordics