Full Time / Permanent
Gouda, NL or one of our other EU or UK offices / Hybrid Working
Do you have a technical background in biofuels and an interest in sustainability? Are you a junior salesperson who thrives in sales support and would like to develop your career in a dynamic and fast-growing global company?
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Technical Sales Support Manager – Biofuels to support the European Sales team. You will support with product documentation, registrations, and permissions as well as marketing. You will have a strong technical background in oils and fats and an interest in finding innovative and sustainable solutions for by-products and wastes. For the right candidate there is future potential to graduate to an Account Manager position, or take over a larger part of the application expert role.
At MBP Solutions, we believe passionately in the importance and benefit of being a ‘purpose-driven enterprise’. Having a strong and clear sense of purpose, setting out where we want to get to in the future and explaining what we value most in terms of how we all want to work together is an essential part of our growth plan.
Founded in 1999, we specialise in adding value to biological by-products through our unique know-how regarding product applications, sustainability, sales and marketing, legal compliance and supply chain management. With a focus on the utilisation of the resources in biological by-products, MBP Solutions has developed a unique concept called OMBP (Outsourced Management of By-Products) 360ᵒ solutions – where by-products and wastes from more than 40 different factories in Europe, North America, Asia and Africa are managed in a sustainable way.
We have in place a set of strong and very simple messages that are built on everything that MBP Solutions has done to date. These statements are a reference point and reminder for all of us in MBP Solutions about how we want to work together, where we are heading and how we will get there:
We work together for a more sustainable world by helping industries reduce their impact on the environment.
We turn one industry’s by-product into another industry’s raw material by partnering with them to optimise resource use and generate added value.
We are global experts in by-products and their application, including supply chain management, international sales and marketing, legal compliance and sustainability.
We want to be globally recognised as the go-to partner for industries who want to handle by-products in a sustainable and responsible way.
As employers, we work in a truly multi-national way, local to our customers but as a team across all the countries in which we operate. With offices in Europe, Asia and North America, we offer a collaborative, friendly and smart-working culture with a focus on innovation and delivering real value for our customers.
Your main tasks will be:
- Product documentation, updating and maintaining Product Data Sheets and Material Safety Data Sheets in order to ensure compliance
- Maintaining the ‘right to sell’ product status for specific products.
- Follow certain market specific developments in terms of technical compliance and product specifications
- Responsibility for communicating information from product and industry sites that are important for the global sales organisation to have access to updated product documentation and general information
- TARIC and HS classification. Have a very good understanding of the HS classifications in the countries that MBP has legal units. Be responsible for maintaining correct classifications in MBP’s ERP system as well as official BTIs.
- ERP systems: maintain and set up new items per supplier in the ERP system ensuring compliance with excise, VAT, national HS systems, sustainability certification requirements as well as reporting needs.
- Maintain the EU REACH registrations as well as ensure new relevant REACH registrations are in place and assist in ensuring that MBP complies with REACH legislation (including in the UK). Communicate with strategic partners (e.g. Baecktrade that maintain REACH registrations in certain products (fatty alcohols and alkanes)).
- Have a very good understanding of EU and international waste legislation, classification and transports. Assist MBP sale, customers and suppliers in order to ensure compliance and identify business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain key slides, product marketing material and presentations to be used in the global sales work in the principal applications.
- Potentially drive product development projects involving tests or trials at research institutions or with customers.
Your Demonstrable Skills / Profile:
We are looking for someone who works proactively to support the sales teams and can build strong working relationships. You will have knowledge of the biofuels industry and can share knowledge clearly and concisely. You will need to have good attention to detail, and an understanding of customer requirements.
You must have:
- Relevant education in environmental or chemical engineering or a strong technical/natural sciences background, ideally at degree level.
- A strong technical background and an interest in finding innovative and sustainable solutions for by-products and wastes.
- Experience of building relationships across all levels and areas of the business along with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Written and verbal English language skills at business level
Ideally, you will also have:
- International business experience in a B2B setting
- Additional European language skills
- Knowledge of freight and logistics and international transportation
- Experience of dealing with EU regulations such as REACH and Food and Feed directives
- Continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma
International travel is limited but expected in this role.
Why work for us?
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms. Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
Our technical expertise, market knowledge and legal understanding help to promote the optimal and efficient use of natural resources, reduce waste and toxic emissions, reduce operating costs and generate new revenue. As a result, we improve the environmental, economic and social performance of our suppliers and customers, with whom we work together to enable the recycling and recovery of residual resources. MBP has several sustainability and quality certifications and works actively with LEAN.
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Company bonus scheme
- Working for a Company dedicated to sustainability, the environment and natural resources
- A friendly, professional and nurturing culture, dedicated to engagement and retention
- Flexibility with hybrid working after a suitable period
- Training opportunities with a focus on professional development
- Occasional international travel to other MBP offices (role dependent)
For more information and to apply for this position please send your CV in English to our HR Team: email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE