Happy International Women’s Day!
International Women’s Day is a day for celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender equality, which is not only a fundamental human right, but a necessary foundation for a sustainable world. It is important to note and understand that the rise of women is not about the fall of men, everyone can play a role in forging gender parity and gender balance is not solely a women’s issue, but also an economic issue. Advocacy, inclusive mindsets and tangible actions are needed from all.
Here are some of the ways MBP Solutions contributes:
• As members of the UN Global Compact, we support the Ten Principles of the UNGC and the Sustainable Development Goals including Equality and Reduced Inequality, which is reflected in all elements of our employee – employer relationship, including recruitment and conditions.
• Diversity is one of our 5 corporate values that sit at the heart of everything we do at MBP Solutions.
• We celebrate the achievements of all our employees, not just women. We are proud to have a strong female presence in our management team and have nearly achieved a 50/50 gender split across the company. We are proud to have a diverse team across all our offices, with over 26 nationalities and with various languages skills.
• Our CEO, Helen Sainsbury, has worked at MBP Solutions for nearly 14 years, admirably developing into the position she holds today.
• Our selected charity partner for 2019, Behind Closed Doors, focuses on providing support not only to women but also men and children suffering from domestic abuse
MBP’s sustainability approach
Since 2017 MBP Solutions LTD has been committed to the UN Global Compact corporate responsibility initiative and its principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption. In December 2020, MBP Solutions submitted the latest Communication on Progress.
Sustainability has been part of our ideological backbone since the beginning, as our organisation captures and delivers value in economic, environmental and social terms.
Our business brings to life the concepts of industrial ecology and circular economy by materialising the idea that the waste stream of one industry can be used as a key resource by another.
The report focuses on our performance, challenges and opportunities and it covers MBP’s entire organisation, including administrative offices, industrial facilities and sourcing operations.
MBP Solutions is a company specializing in sales and market development of by-products from industries with a biological manufacturing process. Using by-products in different application is both sustainable and part of a circular economy.
MBP Solutions has expertise in sales into different application areas as: animal feed, biofuels, anaerobic digestion, soil improvement as well as various technical applications.